There are several options for juniors and seniors who may be interested in taking college coursework and also be awarded secondary academic credit by Ozark Adventist Academy. Options include Advanced Placement courses, college credit by the CLEP test, summer Adventist Colleges Abroad programs, and online courses offered by Andrews University and Southern Adventist University.
Southwestern Adventist University
Spring 2017 courses available:
- RELT 101 Christian Beliefs
- HIST 111, 112 US History
- ENGL 121 Freshman Composition
- BIOL 103 Human Biology
- COMM 111 Speech
- PLSC 211 National and Texas Constitutions
- MATH 110 College Algebra (requires math placement evaluation)
SWAU Dual-credit Application Form
Southern Adventist University
Adventist Colleges Abroad
(Summer Language Study Program)
Advanced Placement Classes
Depending on interest, various Advanced Placement classes have been offered on campus.
To Qualify for College Credit Courses
- Juniors must have a 3.50 GPA, seniors a 3.00 GPA.
- Must fit within the class load guidelines.
- Fees are the responsibility of the student.
- Approval by Academic Standards Committee.
Dual credit may either replace an academy course, or may be elective credit depending on the decision of the Academic Standards Committee as to whether the course satisfies curriculum requirements of the potential replaced class. A maximum of two dual credit courses per semester may be granted.
For more information on requirements, please see the Student Handbook.